Applied Research STINT Workshop
The applied research version of the Space-Terrestrial Internetworking workshop (STINT-AR) focuses on efforts discussing the solution of specific, practical problems such as products, procedures or services.
Location and Dates
STINT-AR will be held at the 2019 IEEE International Conference on Space Mission Challenges for Information Technology (SMC-IT), in Pasadena, CA, USA, from July 30 to August 1, 2019. Important dates as follows:
- Paper submission: May 18, 2019
- Paper notification: June 18, 2019
- Camera ready: July 10, 2019
- Workshop: July 30 to August 1, 2019
Scope and Overview
Full research papers are solicited for the protocols, applications, and operational concepts required to make these internetworks both technically feasible and operationally deployable. Specifically, STINT welcomes researchers and practitioners in the following areas.
- Modeling and dynamics of mobile space-based for optical\RF networks
- Autonomous configuration and control of network nodes
- Protocols, applications, and concepts for network management
- Adaptive networking technologies (e.g., SDN, ICN)
- Delay- and disruption-tolerant networking
- Store-and-forward routing, congestion modeling, and topological synchronization
- Deep Space Networks and the solar system Internet
- End-to-end security services across an internetworking overlay
- Commercial/scientific/government mission concepts enabled by internetworks
- Optical network availability, resilience and survivability
- Optical network using photonic integrated circuits
- Optical time and frequency transfer
Format and Submission Instructions
STINT-AR follows the guidelines for paper and poster submissions for the IEEE SMC-IT conference. Specifically,
- Two types of submissions will be considered: full papers (up to 8 pages) with a verbal presentation and posters (up to 2 pages).
- Papers and posters must be written in English and prepared in Portable Document Format (PDF).
- Papers and posters must be formatted according to the standard IEEE two-column format with single-spaced, ten-point font text, as given in the LaTex templates and MSWord templates.
- All figures, tables, references etc. are included in the page limit.
- All fonts must be embedded into the PDF file.
- All papers must be submitted online via EasyChair (link).
All accepted papers at SMC-IT 2019 will be published in the IEEE conference proceedings, to be available at the conference and indexed in the IEEE Xplore data base. Note that IEEE has a Podium and Publish policy for conferences, which means that no manuscript will be published in IEEE Xplore without first being presented at the conference. Selected papers presented will be invited to appear in a special issue of a reputable journal in the field.