2020 STINT Workshop
The 2020 edition of the Space-Terrestrial Internetworking workshop (STINT) focuses on efforts discussing:
- Solution of general, theoretical problems seeking to expand the knowledge and understanding in the fundamentals of space-terrestrial networking.
- Solution of specific, practical problems such as products, procedures or services for space-terrestrial networking.
Location and Dates
STINT will be held at the The 8th Annual IEEE International Conference on Wireless for Space and Extreme Environments (WISEE 2020), held on October 12 to 14, 2020 in Vicenza (close to Venice), Italy. Important dates as follows:
- Paper submission: July 1, 2020
- Paper notification: August 15, 2020
- Camera ready: September 15, 2020
- Workshop: October 12-14 October, 2020
Scope and Overview
Full research papers are solicited for the protocols, applications, and operational concepts required to make these internetworks both technically feasible and operationally deployable. Specifically, STINT welcomes researchers and practitioners in the following areas.
- Modeling and dynamics of mobile space-based for optical\RF networks
- Autonomous configuration and control of network nodes
- Protocols, applications, and concepts for network management
- Adaptive networking technologies (e.g., SDN, ICN)
- Delay- and disruption-tolerant networking
- Store-and-forward routing, congestion modeling, and topological synchronization
- Deep Space Networks and the solar system Internet
- End-to-end security services across an internetworking overlay
- Commercial/scientific/government mission concepts enabled by internetworks
- Optical network availability, resilience and survivability
- Optical network using photonic integrated circuits
- Optical time and frequency transfer
- Internet of Things from space solutions
Format and Submission Instructions
STINT follows the guidelines for paper and poster submissions for the IEEE WiSEE conference. Make sure to select STINT workshop track during submission. Specifically,
- Accepted and presented papers will be submitted to IEEE Xplore as well as other indexing databases.
- Full papers (up to 6 pages) and poster abtracts will be considered.
- Papers and posters must be written in English and prepared in Portable Document Format (PDF).
- Papers and posters must be formatted according to the standard IEEE two-column format with single-spaced, ten-point font text.
- All figures, tables, references etc. are included in the page limit.
- All fonts must be embedded into the PDF file.
- The authors/presenters abide by the podium and publish requirement (i.e., papers not presented at the conference will not be published in IEEE Xplore).